Friday, April 16, 2010

Getting kinda crafty

Here's what I did yesterday.
First, a woman in my ward came over to ask me to do a headband for her sisters wedding this weekend. So I whipped this out for her-

Mustard Yellow Rosettes with Sage green leaves and band


I then started to cut out squares for a blanket that my friend and I are making for a friends birthday who's on a mission. I made a quilt like this when I was like 13, but since then I haven't done anything with quilting, so we will see if me and Bethany get the swing of things again. Here's what we have so far-All the pieces cut out.



Yellows and Browns

There's nothing significant about this piece, but I just really like the design of this fabric, it's retro and the color is awesome. Good job B on picking out the colors!

Another picture of the pieces.

I'm sure I'll keep updating with the progress of the quilt within the next few days.

5 comments:

  1. yesterday i studied, wrote a paper, applied for some jobs, and ate a bunch of crap. u win. that headband is sweet! who has a sewing machine? haha and i just remember the long hours trying to finish that quilt with sister atherton saying she would just do it for me.

    looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we almost succeeded tonight! alas, the fluke crap row taints the quilt. i still love it and it's going to be awesome. and someday, it will be half mine :) tee to the hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a headband like that! Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I do sell them. If you would like one give me a call or text me with what you would like! Suzie(909)477-9305

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilts too? I never would have guessed. You always surprise me. : )

    ReplyDelete