Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mi Madre

My Mom planned a 2 week long trip up here in Utah and has been spending a few days at all of our houses and Monday and Tuesday were my days to spend with her! She was finally able to see our new place and helped us with a few projects while she was here! I had to work both days, so I pretty much was only able to see her during my lunch breaks and after work, but it was still a lot of fun!
I put my Mom to work with making some curtains for our living room and guest room!
She also helped me figure out how to use my sewing machine that used to be my Granny's. We also figured out that it's a little broken and only sews in reverse...
Ryan putting up the rods for the curtains.
Some simple curtains for the living room.

My Mom also recovered our throw pillows for our couches so they match the new curtains.
The guest bedroom window before...
and after! My sister Jennie helped with the design of this one and helped find all the cute fabric for the curtains.
Close up of the fabric and cute ribbons! I think they turned out so cute!

The night before my Mom left, she made my Granny's famous Potato Rolls! They are sooooo good!

I've tried to make these rolls a few times and have failed every time, I can never get them to rise and they are so much better when my Mom makes them!
My Mom :)

The perfect rolls!
It was a lot of fun being able to spend some time with my Mom and appreciate all the projects she did to help make our condo a little more home-y. Thanks Mom! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I need her to come make some stuff for me too! Ha ha. -VAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understand it was all at a very high price. Amy's hubby was home alone for two weeks. While you ate potato rolls I had a bowl of cold cereal - sigh. But apparently it was all worth it, your place looks great.

    ReplyDelete