Tuesday, November 15, 2011

If you take the day off...

Yesterday I took the day off so Ryan and I could go to the Temple for my friend Ashley receiving her endowments for the first time! It was a great excuse to request the day off and Ryan always has Mondays off so it was perfect! We met at the Provo Temple for the 10:20am session and had a great time. I had never been to the Provo Temple before and it was quite pretty, and it has a great view!

I've known Ashley for almost as long as I've lived in Utah and shortly after becoming friends, we became roommates and by roommates, I mean we shared a room together. It was awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better "Roomie". I wish we would get together more, but with our different schedules, it doesn't happen as much as I would like, but I l still consider her one of my best friends and she's like a sister to me. It was great to be a part of Ashley going through the Temple and I'm so proud of all that she's accomplished! You're amazing Ash!
Me and Ash at Lagoon I think in 2008?
Ash and I on a road trip up to Idaho, the date in the bottom right is not correct, cuz I didn't move up to Utah til 2007, but I think this was 2008
Us at the Stadium of Fire for 2008? Man, we were so tan, I miss those days haha
Jake and Ashley
Me, Ash and Ryan at the Temple
Provo Temple
It was a gorgeous view!

After the temple Ryan and I ran a few errands and then decided to stop at a dealership to START looking into buying a car by the end of the year. Well, we found the car we wanted and the price we were looking for, so we ended up driving home with a new car! It was the biggest most spur of the moment purchase I've ever done, but it felt right and it still does the day after haha thank goodness!

Here's our (MY) new car!
2012 Nissan Versa
The price was right and what really sold me was the MPG, which is anywhere from 30-45 MPG which is great for a non-hybrid car. It's got blank interior and if you were wondering how many children could fit in the trunk, my nephews Chandler, Tate and Lincoln all fit comfortably in it. I don't know why they decided to get in the trunk last night, but they did, it was pretty awesome and made me think of High School when I would fit 10+ people in my car...I mean...I never did that ;) I wonder if my Mom ever reads this...anyways. I'm so excited for it and it still doesn't feel like my car yet, it's too nice and new to actually be mine, but I think I'll get used to it :) So that was our very exciting and eventful Monday. I don't think another Monday can top it, if so I'd like to see how.

4 comments:

  1. you were in PROVO and didn't text me?! wtf!! (that was a little harsh but that was just the phrase that came to my mind at the moment, i promise i wouldn't say that in person:) but HOTTT new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the spur of the moment purchase! I have a hard enough time buying clothes spur of the moment:) Looks good! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Suzie I just read your post - I so love you Roomie!! Thank you guys so much for coming :) And I so love your car - its so cute!!! And I am WAY jealous of the MPG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And yes I read your wonderful blog....and no nothing surprises me about your high school antics! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete