Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gobble Gobble

This past Saturday was eBay's Turkey Bowl (AKA Football Tournament) so Ryan took the day off and spent it playing football. eBay was giving away some prizes and Ryan won a free 12 pound turkey! Yay for free meat! 

After the Turkey Bowl Ryan and I babysat Brig's kids while Brig and Michelle celebrated their anniversary. We had some fun playing games, feeding them dinner, and then watching Thumbalina while eating popcorn and hot chocolate. It's definitely different going from no kids to 4 ranging in ages from I think 9 to almost 2 years old. It was a lot of fun!

On Sunday I made our own little version of a Thanksgiving meal. We had Turkey, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes for me (which I found a brand of potatoes that are small and don't have to be peeled, so Ryan didn't have an allergic reaction because I didn't have to peel them! Yay!) and Ryan had some rice pilaf since he couldn't have the potatoes. It was a great meal!
I took this Turkey...
And turned it into this! It was nice and juicy and not too bad for doing it all on my own. I feel so old. 
Tonight was my oldest nephews Eagle Scout Project. Yes, I said nephew, it's crazy how they grow up so fast! But Chandler did part of his project tonight where he is helping a local school with their reading program. Tonight there were about 45 people that showed up to help him put together desks and cubicles for Lakeview Academy's STAR program which is a program that helps kids with their reading skills if they're behind. My sister Jennie actually works there now and helps with the program so she definitely knew that there was a need for help. There was a great turn out and everything was done within an hour an a half! I didn't take a lot of pictures with my camera because I was taking pictures for Jen, but here's two that I have of people helping put together desks!
They put together 19 desks and 3 cubicle parts
There were so many people helping that people had to move into the hallway for space!
It really was a lot of fun and I'm way proud of Chandler almost completing his Eagle Scout and he's only 13, way to go Chandler!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you actually cooked a full on turkey by yourself!? now that is a feat I don't know when I'll ever accomplish, so good job! An I can't believe Chandler just did his Eagle project, EAGLE PROJECT!!! That's so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Suzie! Your turkey looks great!
    You are so good to be there for Chandler....wow! Eagle project done!

    ReplyDelete