Wednesday, May 9, 2012

While Mom's away...

Tate=11, Lincoln=7, Chandler=14
 While my sister is down in California for a while I get to spend a lot of time with these boys! They are a fun bunch of kids to hang out with and I'm really enjoying it!

So far this week...

I have taken Tate to the doctor's because he fell off his scooter on Sunday and his right hand has been hurting him a lot, so he had an X-ray on his arm, which the doctor found a small fracture, so he is currently wearing a brace to see if that will help, and next Monday we will go back to find out if he will need a cast! Thankfully, Tate is a lefty so he is still able to do his homework :)

Lincoln does Karate, so Monday, Wednesday and Friday means Karate and he loves it and is doing awesome!

Tate and Lincoln are involved in Baseball, but because of Tate's injury he hasn't gone to baseball this week, but tomorrow will be Lincoln's baseball practice...

Chandler is involved in Tennis so he gets home anytime between 5pm and 7pm most days. 
 
Other than that it consists of making sure the boys are doing their homework, reading, chores and eat a good dinner. It's really been helping me be better at making dinner too! So far this week I've made Mango and Ham Cilantro Quesadilla's mmmm and Homemade Shepherds Pie! I didn't know how easy it was to make Shepherds pie! Too bad I can't ever make it at home with Ryan...

My brother-in-law Rob is doing such a great job and putting everything together for dinner's and what the boys have planned for the day. Once I get off work, I head to a neighbor's house and pick up the boys and head home, once we're home, there are 3 little white boards that Rob has written on for each of the boys of what they need to do that day or what they have planned, it usually consists of getting homework and reading done, a chore and if the boys have a sport or scouts/mutual that night. It's very helpful having everything written out, all I have to do is make sure the boys stay on task and get it done. 

Lincoln and his friend Evan at the awesome park yesterday!

 Last night I came home to find these...

So pretty! Thanks Ryan!
Tonight, after eating leftover's for dinner, Chandler showed me how he makes Muddy Buddies! They are sooooooooo good! He did a great job!

Muddy Buddies
While Lincoln was at Karate today, I stopped by Walmart and found this for Ryan! I'm pretty sure he's going to love it! It's a shaved ice machine and 6 flavorings.
Things are going great and it's a lot of fun getting to know my nephew's even more than I already do!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of all of you...you are busy as ever and enjoying life! Hugs to you all! Granny Amy

    ReplyDelete