Monday, November 22, 2010

St. George!

Ryan was able to get a whole week off from work, so we hit the road on Saturday once he got off work. The weather was a bit rainy, but we made it to my Grandpa's house in St. George in good time. Ryan was excited to see that my Grandpa was watching the Utah vs. San Diego State game on T.V. as we arrived. We watched the first half of the game with Grandpa and then went into the "Casita" to finish the rest of the game. The game was a miracle in itself, because Utah won by 4 points. It was a pretty lucky game. 

On Sunday morning, we woke up pretty early, got ready for church and Ryan and I headed to the St. George Temple to take a few pictures before Church. 

The entrance to the Temple.

Ryan in front of the Fountain.


Us in front of the Temple

The colors of the trees were amazing!

Ryan trying to see baby Jesus.

I love this picture! Fall colors are beautiful!

St. George Temple!
The Temple Grounds were so beautiful! We walked around for a little bit, but then it began to rain pretty hard, so we had to head back to Grandpa’s. 

Grandpa was asked to speak at an Elderly Home that morning, so we went to hear him speak about Wilford Woodruff. I love hearing my Grandpa tell stories about Wilford Woodruff. He’s such a great speaker and I always learn so many new things about Great, Great, Great, Grandpa Woodruff. We then headed to his regular church block, where Grandpa then taught the lesson in Priesthood, so Ryan was able to actually be entertained and pay attention during Elder's Quorum. :)

After church we ate some delishious Chicken Pot Pies with Grandpa and then Ryan and I hit the road for California. But before we left we did take a few more pictures!

Me and Grandpa!
I know this is poor quality, but I was taking a picture of a framed picture, but this is one of the last pictures that I remember taking with "all" of us on the Woodruff side before Granny died. Since this picture our family has grown...a lot! By the way, I'm down in the bottom right side of the picture with a floral dress on.

This is an original ticket to the Salt Lake Temple Dedication with Wilford Woodruff's signature on it!

Here's a bust of Wilford Woodruff's son, Abraham O. Woodruff (my Great, Great Grandfather) and the frame is a picture of Wilford and Abraham.

Ryan and I had a great time being able to spend some time with my Grandpa, and so far this trip has been awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment