Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Movin' on Up!

I've been at my new job now for 6 weeks and I was promoted yesterday! Woot woot! 

I was working in the DLC which was basically a legal call center to help people start the process of filing for disability. It was fun, but did get monotonous after a few weeks, but it was still enjoyable. Yesterday I was called into the HR office and was offered a "Case Manager" position, which includes a little raise and different job duties, of couse, I accepted!

So starting yesterday afternoon, I started a week long training to learn all the responsibilities and duties of a Case Manager. Bascially, I'm going to be in charge of about 600 different disability claims! That's a whole lot of claims!! And there's a whole lot of responsibilities, but I'm so excited! There's so much more to learn and I'll definitely be a pro with helping people with disability claims :) Of course, hopefully none of my family or friends will ever need to get help filing disability, but if they do, I'll be able to help answer questions!

On a random note:
How many of you have read this book?
If you give a mouse a cookie!
 I don't know how many times I have said to Ryan, "You know, it's kind of like the, If you give a mouse a cookie book", and every time I've said that Ryan has been like, "Uh, I've never heard of that book". First of all, WHO HASN'T READ THIS BOOK?! If I'VE heard and read this book, EVERYONE has had to of read this book (referring back to my childhood of never reading/having books around) Anyways, Ryan has never read this book, therefore, never understood what I meant when I would say, It's like giving a mouse a cookie. So, getting to my point, this book has been mentioned maybe 3 or 4 times since we've been married and yesterday, we get a package in the mail, and Ryan had bought "If you give a mouse a cookie" off of eBay!!

It may not sound like a big deal, but I was just telling Andrea (my friend that does my hair) how considerate Ryan is and how I can mention a little thing one day and sooner than I know it, Ryan remembers and either gets it off of eBay or finds it for me, he's just great at remembering things and being considerate and thinking, "I know Suzie will appreciate this" so he does it. The little things totally add up, it's not like he's buying flowers every week (even though he is still good at buying me flowers every once in a while) but he's always finding something or someway to make my day or week. So, again, I'm very blessed! I don't know how I got so lucky to have an amazing husband like him, but I did. Now I need to keep trying to be better and keep up with his amazingness, it's going to be difficult, because he's so good at being selfless and considerate! So thank you Ryan! I love you more and more everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment