Saturday, July 14, 2012

It comes in Three's...

I've always heard the saying that bad things come in three's and I think for my side of the family, we have made our quota of the three things.

Back in 2010 Ryan and I experienced our first "come's in three's"...Everything comes in Three's

The first was of course my sister attempting suicide almost 3 months ago and us as a family deciding that we needed to get her some hardcore help, so since then she has been down in California getting amazing treatment to help her out. Seriously, I couldn't have imagined how much better she is doing! The program and the therapy that she has been doing has really changed her life and all of ours for the better and I am excited that she will be coming back in a week or so! She is amazing and I am sooooooooooo proud of the progress that she and her husband have made in the past few months. So since that happened, the first month while she was gone, I had been in charge of helping her with her three boys, Chandler, Tate and Lincoln. Which was and has been a lot of fun. A few days before memorial day, my other sister drove her and her two little boys here from Tennesse and has been helping with the boys as well and it has been awesome having them around! So that was the first.

The second was finding out that my brother-in-law had bladder cancer. A lot of people have asked how he found out and a few weeks before, he had painful urination and bleeding so he went to the doctors, long story short, they found a tumor and did a biopsy and it was cancer. So this Tuesday he had his surgery to have it removed and the surgery went very well! They said that when they removed it, it hadn't yet infected the bladder so they were able to remove the tumor and he should be fine! Of course, he will be having regular check ups for the rest of his life, but we are so blessed to have found it early and have it taken care of quickly. Ryan took off that day and was able to spend it with him and the boys and help Rob with "boy stuff" before and after his surgery.
Rob, as he's waking up from surgery.
The boys at the hospital to be there with their Dad!
The third happened on Wednesday, the day after Rob's surgery. One of my nieces was run over by a van. We received picture's a texts saying that she was at the hospital receiving a CT scan of her legs and pelvis to see if she had broken any bones. Miraculously, she had no broken bones!! Now, she was fully run over by one wheel of the car over her legs and hip, but thankfully she is doing amazingly well. That night, we went to visit them and we were so happy to know that she was ok. We feel so blessed that she is still walking around and grateful that it didn't run over her chest or head because it would probably be a different story. So it was definitely a miracle and we are soooo happy about that!

Love family!
Since all of these things have happened, our family has grown a lot closer. We have gotten together way more and talk to each other a lot more too. Sometimes you have to have a huge event (or 3) to help you realize what's important. I love my family so much and can't imagine life without any of them. 

To end this crazy week, my friend Becca and I threw a Bridal Shower for our friend Nancy! She's getting married next week and we are so excited for her! We had cheese and chocolate fondue and I think everyone really enjoyed it! It was a lot of fun. We laughed a lot, played games and enjoyed all the fun gifts that she was given.
Nancy and Ria
B, Lish, Angelica
Sue, Cassie, Becca
Nanc, Jenny

Last night was a lot of fun! It's always nice to laugh and be around friends when life gets rough sometimes.
This past week I finally decorated my kitchen! The theme that I was wanting was "Lemonade" or base it off of the quote, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" Well we finished it and I am loving it. Plus that quote is pretty much what I need to remember during all these crazy times. 





2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear about jenny and rob's progress! who was run over by the car?! oh my goodness how scary! and really cute kitchen suz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your kitchen! it turned out so cute! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete