Friday, August 27, 2010

On a roll

On Wednesday night, Ryan and I headed over to Sarah (Ryan's sister) and Chance's house to play some games. We were planning on playing Settlers of Catan, but we forgot to bring it, so the default game was...


Monopoly! (We did not play with the one pictured above, we still had the paper money, not the Credit Cards)

I hadn't played Monopoly since I was maybe 11? But it was a lot of fun. It took FOREVER, but it was a lot of fun and I actually won. Well, technically, there wasn't a "winner" because we ended the game early, but the only one's left in the game were Ryan and I and I was kickin his trash, so I technically won.
Along with playing Monopoly, Ryan made his first attempt at making Homemade Ice Cream. It turned out great! He made Mint Oreo Ice Cream.














This is what it looks like in the stores----and this is what Ryan's looked like.
It might not have looked like it does in stores, but it was really tasty! Good job Ryan!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday Night, we went over to Jeremy (Ryan's brother) and Kara's place for some games too!


We waited til this cute guy went to bed, and then started playing this game...


If you've played Settler's of Catan, Cities and Knight's of Catan is a lot more complex. It was a long game, but I think Jeremy got pretty into it. It was a close game, but in the end, I took the win.

Jeremy and Kara had also made some really yummy homemade ice cream that night. I know, we were way spoiled to get homemade ice cream two nights in a row. They made Homemade Cookie's and Cream Ice Cream. Way good!

We had a lot of fun with having two back to back nights with family and playing games. I'm glad that we live so close to family so that we can spend time together.

1 comment: