Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cooties!

Musical Express(the Children's Show Choir that I'm working with) is coming along. The show is in about a month and I'm sure all the numbers will be done and ready by the time the show comes around. It is definitely a different experience working with 8-10 year olds.

1. The kids are always talking.
I don't blame them, when I was a kid, I was the biggest talker in my class, I always got my "cards" pulled (my class had a chart with all of our names on it and we had a green, yellow and red card that could be pulled in one day. The green was a warning, the yellow was another warning and the
red was that you were in trouble...lets just say...I had the most red cards pulled at the end of the year out of the girls in my class, I was pretty talkative) But when it comes to doing an extra-curricular activity and only having 2 hours a week to work on music, blocking and choreography, it can feel kind of overwhelming, not knowing if the show will be put together in time or not. Well, lets hope it does!

2. The kids are at a stage in life where if a boy has to touch a girl or vice-versa, the kids giggle uncontrollably or think that the world is about to end because they'll get cooties. It's kind of funny to see, but it definitely hinders getting stuff taught.


3. Most of them have the attention span of a goldfish. These kids are great, and are pretty talented, but they get distracted so easily. Then again, they're kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the "Celebration of the Arts" show that I'm actually going to be in, is also coming along. The Music Man part of it will hopefully be good. We have some good costumes that have been rented so we'll actually look legit, so that's cool. For Les Mis and Fiddler, we have to provide our own costume, but they can luckily be pretty much the same costume which=less money! Yay! I'm excited to see how the show turns out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some bad news:

One of our tires on our car has been leaking for the past few days, so while Ryan was out sick today, we took it into the shop to see what was going on. The tire rim is cracked and bulging thus making the tire leak. The Goodyear people gave us the option of buying one rim from the dealership for about $389 or buying 4 rims from them for about $450. Well...Ryan and I didn't like either of those options, so I had him call his brother Sam (Salesman at Big-O-Tires) to see if he had any good suggestions. Sam called around and said that he cou
ld get the same dealership rim for $90 so that's the option we chose. Thanks for your help Sam! The only thing is that we won't get it til Tues or Weds of next week, so we're on our spare tire for the next few days. Hopefully we don't have anymore complications.

The good news:


I got my Tucano's Birthday Buy One Get One Free Card! It's kind of sad that I'm so excited about it, but Tucanos is my favorite restaurant and pretty much the only time we can go is during mine or Ryan's Birthdays, plus with us moving around so much, I didn't think that I would actually get the card. But it came in the mail! Best present ever!!

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy got his tucanos dinner too. We should go together!!! That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seriously, I want you to make me one of those block things that is xmas and halloween. I REALLY want it. The end.

    ReplyDelete