Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Madre

My Mom was in town for a few days last week so we had a lot of family time this weekend! My Mom stayed at our place and on Saturday Jen and the boys came over for dinner and games! Then on Sunday they came over again for different dinner and games, it was a lot of fun spending time together!
Ryan and Rob enjoying getting their picture taken
Chandler, Tate, Mom, Ryan and Rob
We played Wits and Wagers!


Then the boys started a game of Settlers:Cities and Knights, they started it way too late so Jen went home and me and my Mom went to bed. They apparently didn't get done til 11:30pm
On Sunday my Mom joined us for church and came into our Nursery class. Now she see's what Ryan and I go through every Sunday. With 12 kinds, and 4-5 of them crying/screaming off and on most of the time, it's pretty exhausting. I really do love it, just some days are harder than others. Luckily we had 4 adults in there, but when you have 5 screaming kids and only 4 adults...what do you do? haha Thank goodness for the other 6-7 kids that weren't screaming on Sunday. Hopefully next Sunday will be better for some of the kids!
After Church my Mom made her amazing potato rolls because they are so dang good that everytime she comes here, she has to make them. She felt bad for Ryan not being able to have them, that she made a totally different kind of roll as well so Ryan could experience rolls too. She's so nice :)
Making the Potato Rolls!
Making the other non potato infested rolls
The ones that are cooked already are the potato ones and the ones shes rolling out are the other ones!
Ryan, Mom, Jen and Rob playing a cute game called Dweebies!
Playing Phase Ten Twist!
Ryan playing Blokus with Lincoln
On Monday Ryan and my Mom went shopping for a few things and then met up with me during my lunch break! Mom and Richard bought us a house warming gift so we can actually reach high places in our house. A little Giant Ladder, which when it's as big as it can get goes 15 feet! Thanks again Mom and Richard!!

That night for dinner we were going to do leftovers when Ryan and I found out that my Mom hadn't had sushi before. She said that she's had California Rolls from grocery stores, but that's not reeeeal sushi. So we went to our favorite cheap sushi place, Won Won Wok and bought some sushi so my Mom can experience some sushi!
My Mom trying a Citrus Roll
Ryan being a Walrus :)
Trying a U.S. Roll which was a Tempura fried California Roll
She had some difficulties eating with chopsticks, so she resulted to eating with a fork haha love you Mom! And she was eating the Fantasy Roll, which is the best thing ever!
While we were there, I saw a look a like for my friend Max. No joke, I kept staring at this dude and had to take pictures of him because it looked so much like him. For those of you who know Max, doesn't this totally look like him?! I sent it to B, who is Max's girlfriend and she was totally tripped out by it, he even stands like max and has the same shoes and pants! Crazy!
Trippy huh?
So that was this past weekends adventures and Max, Kyle and Erik should arrive at my house any second now to stay here for a few days to look for a place to live and to find some jobs up here! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment