Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm trying to be like Nicole Wood

Ryan and Nicole dressed up at the Church Museum.

Ok, so I've been reading my friend Nicole's blog and I am ashamed at how terrible I am about blogging. I of course make excuses like, "I don't have a life" or "Nothing ever happens to me" but I guess I'll try to blog about my boring nothingness life anyways.
So last week my friends Nicole and Jose came up to visit. Nicole stayed with me for two days and it was pretty much amazing. As Nicole's blog says, we were best friends since 7-12 grade and then once I moved up to Utah, I was lost in the "black hole" that non-mormons, aka Nicole, call Utah.Anyways, I hadn't seen Nicole for over 2 years and it was great spending time with her. There's friends in life where you don't have to talk to them for months at a time, or in our case, years at a time, but once you get together again, it's like you hung out the day before. That's how mine and Nicole's friendship is, and it's awesome. Of course, I would love to see her more often, but with her traveling to 6 different countries within the last 5 months, it's kinda hard to get her in the same country as you, let alone the same state as you. But it was great having her here for the little time that we did have.

Nicole was quizzing us on our Church knowledge.





Oh, this is a picture of Ryan right after he set off the alarm on the escalator at the Conference center. It was really loud. Good job Ryan! I love the face!


Nicole found Jesus! ...in the back of a truck...haha

The first day was really chill and didn't consist of too much activity, we went to the Draper Temple to show Nicole where we got married but other than that we went to Jacie's for a fun Bar-B-Q. And the second day was way fun with us going around Temple Square and seeing the Conference Center, along with hearing MoTab Practice, and all the other sites around Temple Square, and surprisingly, that was my first time seeing any of the museums or tours and stuff, so it was fun! I kind of slacked on explaining everything to Nicole, but Ryan answered any questions that she had and did a good job with that. I think the best part was going to the Museum of church history and art, specifically the childrens' area. We were able to color, and dress up, and then Nicole asked all the mormons Bible, BOM, and D&C trivia. Ryan was the all-star and got all the answers right. Oh and we made babies!! Well, not the real way of makin' babies, but there was a baby area and we were able to name babies and whatnot. Nicole named my child Nephi First McCorristin. So for all the family reading this, you won't be surprised what our first childs name would be...not. Either way, it was a lot of fun! And hopefully Nicole comes back up here soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
So today, Ryan and I watched Erin and Brooke. They are totally cute kids, but Erin can get a little...hyper/excited/loud...just like most other children. So before Ryan left, we went to go feed the Ducks and Geese. When we first got there, there weren't any birds that were visible, but the second we started feeding one bird, 50 billion, yes 50 billion came out of nowhere! Ryan actually got scared of some of the geese cuz they were getting really close to us and were hissing...kinda creepy.Then once Ryan left for work at 2, I was all on my own with two little girls. It wasn't that bad, Erin went down for a nap and Brooke did too. It took a while to get Brooke to sleep because we didn't have a Port-O-Crib/PlayPin thing, so I had to rock her to sleep in my arms. The only picture I have from today was this one of Brooke in my arms asleep.



They're always so much more lovable when they're sleeping :) Well, after their naps, we hung out for a bit, they watched toy story 1. I fed them some delish spaghetti and then Mike got here so I took Erin to the pool to swim for 15 mins or so. It was kind of nice, there was only 1 other person in the pool, which rarely happens. Man, Erin loves the water and isn't scared of it at all. If I wasn't there, she would have attempted to go to the deep end, actually, she did try to go to the deep end, but she soon realized that she didn't know how to swim. All in all, it was a good day. Well, thats all I have for now and hopefully I will update more reguarly, even if I am the only one who reads it.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a ridiculous title for your blog. BUT just so you know, I am sure your family and friends appreciate reading your blog and getting an update about your life, I know I do. I like knowing what my sister wife is doing ALL the time. I am out in the world working, and you are supposed to be home making babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for watching the girls! Eryn was telling me about swimming and so many ducks. It's great to be back and to see that they were taken really good care of while I was gone. : )

    ReplyDelete