Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wedding Cake!

Ryan apparently posted already today, but I wanted to add pictures of the yummy food we had today!

Ryan got me some pretty flowers last night :) And I made some yummy dinner!

I made one of my favorite meals growing up, Chicken and Brocolli Croissant Roll-Ups, Rice Pilaf and more Broccoli. I made them last week with my sister Jennie, and Ryan really liked them, so I made some for us tonight! They are really really good and are simple to make, which is my favorite!

You know the tradition of keeping the top of your wedding cake and eating it on your 1 year anniversary? Well we kept it in our freezer and defrosted it yesterday! The green decorations are a little crushed, but it doesn't look too bad for being in our freezer for a year!

We cut it and ate some and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! The vanilla cake was better than the chocolate cake, it was just a little more moist than the chocolate. But it wasn't bad for being a year old! So if anyone wants some year old cake, we'll probably keep it for a day or two then throw it out.

Other than eating some good food, we aren't doing much for our Anniversary today. But, Tomorrow we're going to go to our favorite restaurant, TUCANOS and probably go see a movie. We're way excited :)

This year has been filled with a lot of fun and I love Ryan more and more everyday, some days more than others...but I love him and am excited for the years to come!

I love you Ryan!!

I have a hot husband :)


Love: Suzie

P.S.-Today was our last Sunday in our ward. We were in this ward for a whole year, yet I didn't get too involved until I was released from the Primary and called to be the Relief Society Secretary. I wish I would have involved myself in the ward earlier, but I didn't. We have had some great memories in the Mountain Point 5th Ward and will miss it a lot!

The lesson in Relief Society today was on "Healing the Sick" by Dallin H. Oaks from the Priesthood Conference Session and Sasha Johnson did an amazing job! It was her first time teaching in Relief Society too! One of the many things that I'm going to be taking from her lesson was that she mentioned that she blogged and then she made a book out of it. I thought that was a brilliant idea! And I know that I've heard it before, but it never clicked for me before. And now that I'm blogging more, I think I will make a book online out of our blog. It's a great way of having a "Family Journal", so I'm excited to do that sometime. I realized though, that I really didn't blog at all last year. We only had 4 blog updates for the whole year of 2009 and so far for 2010, we have 16. So we're getting better, but not by too much.

I will hopefully continue to be better at blogging, even if they are boring updates. I also created a blog for my side of the family. There's a family blog for the McCorristin side of our family, but there isn't one for the Mayer side of my family. So I talked to my Mom and told her that I made one for our side of the family and that I think it's a great way to keep in touch with each other more and feel more involved. So I hope that goes well. That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Suzie--we are going to miss you guys too! It's been so fun getting to know you and your hubs this summer. I hope I didn't drive you away because I was such a taskmaster...hehe. Enjoy your new ward!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete