Monday, July 19, 2010

Who are these children coming down?

I know the title is totally random, but when I was thinking of posting about all of our new nieces and nephews, the song from Saturday's Warrior came into my head. I remember watching Saturday's Warrior on Sunday's when I was younger because we didn't really watch anything else on Sunday's other than Church movies or Musicals haha I realized that I haven't seen that movie for years and I used to love it! It's a very cheesy and ridiculous movie, but I loved it! I looked up the Movie on IMDB to try and remember what the movie was about and here's what it says for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about.

Saturday's Warrior- "An ordinary LDS family has a teenager named Jimmy and he wonders about life and what is coming. Jimmy's sister Julie has a boyfriend on a mission who she plans to marry when he gets home. Jimmy's twin sister Pam is handicapped and is confined to a wheelchair and wants to make things good for Jimmy. Jimmy doesn't seem to care about his large family and wants to do his own things. When Jimmy hears his mother is going to have another child, Jimmy is filled with anger and leaves. His family wants Jimmy to return and love him, but Jimmy does not want their love."


Anyways, it makes me want to see it because I'm sure it will seem even more ridiculous and cheesy now that I'm older.


But back to my reason for this post...


We have another niece and I figured I would do a little post with the latest nieces and nephew from the McCorristin/Mayer family.


We feel very blessed to be apart of such "big" families. Having so many nieces and nephews is exciting because whenever we have family gatherings in the future, it will be so much more fun, especially as they start getting older!


I remember going to big family reunions growing up and being able to spend time with all of my cousins and I'm excited that our future kids will have a similar experience with having some cousins to play with!




Ryan's sister Tammy and her first little one! Sawyer was born June 3, 2010!




Ryan's sister Sarah and her first little one! Emma was born June 12, 2010!




My brother Brigham had his 4th little one today! Sierra was born July 19, 2010!



With 3 babies born this year, we still have 2 more to go! My sister-in-law Sara is due next month and my sister Tammy is due in January! (Lots of duplicate names, I know, kinda crazy!) We are excited to see the little one's when they get here!


Again, we feel very blessed to be apart of such great families and are excited to see them continue to grow! At this point, Ryan and I have 17 nieces and nephews combined! We love all of them and are glad to have so many family members close to us! We love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Brigham's baby! Tell him congrats for me and I'm glad I got to know him a little bit:) And thanks for the post...we love seeing the family grow and are glad that you are apart of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother has the Saturday's warriors DVD if you ever want it....its a classic! I love babies. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you Saturday's Warriors is still very cheesy. We are glad to have you as part of our large family. We will definitely have family reunions as the little ones get a little older. We will need to start thinking where we can have the first one. Bear Lake?

    ReplyDelete