Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jinxed?

Friday
=
Double Header Softball Games


We lost both games. We didn't do as bad as last week, thanks to our awesome Pitcher, Derek. The first game was 7-9 and the second one was 12-22.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday
=
Practice for the Show



I went to practice from 9:30am-12:30pm for Les Mis and Fiddler on the Roof. We blocked and choreographed some songs and it was a lot of fun. I guess my Thursday nights and Saturday mornings will now consist of practices, which I don't mind at all!

I'm still not positive on when the shows are, but I heard that they're November 5 and 6. So mark your Calendars now!

Dinner and Games at Jeremy and Kara's

Jeremy and Kara were nice enough to invite us over for dinner and games! The food was delicious! I'd never had homemade baked sandwich things before, and they were seriously so good! There was Philly Cheesesteak and Ham and Cheese, which they were both so good!!

After Curtis went to bed, we started playing "Wacky Six". We played to 250 then moved onto the game "Buzz Word" (which I sucked at, Sorry Kara) and then we played "Disney Scene It". Ryan and I got lucky and won the first game, but Kara and Jeremy kicked our trash the second game. We had a lot of good food and fun Saturday night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday
=

Getting a Calling


So, amongst other things that we talked about Saturday Night with Jeremy and Kara, we talked about callings and how it was nice that we didn't have callings yet (In our previous ward, we moved in and by the next week, we were already teaching in the Primary) so I guess we thought we slipped under the radar...well...I totally jinxed myself I guess.

This morning I got a call from the Executive Secretary from our ward (by the way, his name is John Taylor...haha) asking me if I could meet with a member of the bishopric today before church. I instantly knew that I would be getting a calling and most likely in the Primary. (Not that Primary isn't awesome, but once you're in Primary, you're secluded into "Primary World" and no one knows you exist)

So, Ryan and I get to church and we meet with the First Counselor of the Bishopric and he says that Ryan could join us too. He starts talking and says stuff about Relief Society. Apparently our ward is huge and they wanted to re-organize the Relief Society Presidency to be more like the Bishopric, where there's a Bishop, 1st and 2nd Counselor, Executive Secretary and Secretary.

Therefore...

I'm the new Relief Society Secretary. hahaha I guess I still have a lot to learn about being in the Relief Society Presidency, because this will now be my third time being the Relief Society Secretary. I'm not complaining, I'm actually really excited to be a part of it and am flattered that they think I can help them out. And hopefully I'll be able to start learning people's names now and getting more involved in this ward. Hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. dude i love the primary, but it is very much a separate world. people at relief society activities ask me if im new. nope, just in the primary. ask your kids, they know who i am haha.

    but yay for relief society! that will be a fun calling. ive loved being rs secretary. and you already know the ins and outs haha

    ReplyDelete