Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let the zoning-out begin...

I've lived in Utah for 3 years now. (This is Suzie typing)
The second I moved up here, you instantly need to pick a side.
A side?
A side for what?
Politics?
No.
Religion?
No...almost everyone's mormon anyways...haha jk
Hot or Cold?
No.
Chocolate or Vanilla?
No.
Good vs. Evil?
No...well I guess depending on what side I pick depends on if I'm good or evil to some people...

What I'm getting at is the ridiculous side of...
THE HOLY WAR...also known as...
BYU VS. UTAH FOOTBALL!As you can sense from this post, I don't really care. Yet, every time College Football season arrives, certain friends become enemy's and family members disown each other if they cheer for the opposing team. (Yes, that is an exaggeration somewhat, but I'm sure some crazy people in Utah have this happen to them, no joke)

This picture is the perfect example...hahaha This was obviously done by Utah fans.

And with fans up here, they start them out young...

Before she can choose for herself, she gets to be brainwashed into liking a team.

And this is what you become...

haha good thing he doesn't read our blog!
(But if he does happen to read this...No offense Greg, you just have the best BYU fan pic that I know of)

During College Football Season, every conversation that you have consists of something about what BYU or UTAH is doing, said, did, thought, heard or wishes...which kind of gets old.

I guess if I was born and raised in Utah I would feel differently, but I wasn't.

So, when people say, "What side are you on?"
I am not on any side. (Hate me if you want and don't get mad at me if I zone out of most conversations within the next few months when you start talking about football)

So, tonight was the first night of college football. And this is what I'm doing while Ryan is watching the Utah game.

Let the zoning-out begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. haha you are too funny :) love all the commentary on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the pictures! You make me laugh!Don't worry we won't disown Ryan for being a Ute fan, but go Cougs! hehe

    ReplyDelete